Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Let us pray ( correctly)

So let us begin. I have lots to say. First I shall go through some of my pet peeves that have annoyed me for a long time and need to be addressed. Most of my issues involve davening, where we spend quite a bit of time.

The shul is a focal point in all our lives, and unless you are the type of person who does not want to be accountable to anyone or anyplace and makes sure never to daven 2 consecutive tefillos in the same place, you can understand this position. The basic premise that I don't understand is how we can shukle with apparent great kavana, without the slightest concept of halachos, especially as they pertain to issues exlusive to davening, like T'fila B'tzibbur, Tircha D'zibura, Halochos of Shemone Esray, Kedusha and Kaddish. I feel that more time should be spent understanding Peirosh Hamilos and the aforementioned halochos instead of "Putting on a Show".

I hope that this shows the direction we shall be taking in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Hey... great to be hear and great to be on board.
    Wow - I can't wait to tell my family in 5 years (when you're as great, if not greater, then the original Yeshiva World News) that I was the first to comment on this site.

    Where are the advertisements!?

    Don't forget, it's all about the money. The truth only takes second fiddle. As long as you can justify the Loshon Horah, you're cool.

    Looking forward to reading some intelligent retrospect on judaism.

    How often do you plan on posting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you?
    and please comment on the fact that 1800 GIRLS HAD NO SCHOOL FOR A WEEK BECAUSE OF A STRIKE AND THERE WAS NOT ONE WORD ABOUT IT ON YESHIVA WORLD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, you must be yekkish. they obsess about davening

    ReplyDelete